DATE: June 18, 2020
Like all individuals and businesses globally, ASHRAE Ireland has had to adapt and respond to the ‘new normal’ we face during the current COVID-19 pandemic. As we move forward towards with phased lifting of lockdown restrictions, and return to workplaces, there are a lot of questions to be answered on how best to manage this transition safely and effectively, particularly on how we monitor, maintain and control our building HVAC systems.
ASHRAE Ireland Chapter aims to address some of the challenges by helping to disseminate factual and evidence-based technical information to our members. We plan to achieve this through the following key channels:
- ASHRAE Ireland has formed a new COVID-19 sub-committee specifically focused on gathering and disseminating guidance for Ireland.
- We are launching a new web-page with links to relevant information and technical guidance, collated by our members. Refer to http://ashrae-ireland.org/covid-19/
- We are launching a new mini-series of technical webinars on the theme of tackling spread of airborne infectious diseases, commencing at 1pm on 18th June, registration is open HERE
- This 8-part technical mini- series of technical webinars brings together a range of experts covering a breadth of topics in the context of COVID-19 and mitigation of spread of airborne infections in the built environment. Topics include: indoor air quality (IAQ), building monitoring, facility management, ventilation, filtration and air-cleaning. The webinars are free and open to all to attend.
- Finally, in parallel to these technical webinars, we will run a series of short technical articles from expert members of ASHRAE.
- For further information, please subscribe to our mailing list HERE