Madrid To Host ASHRAE’s 2020 European Conference
You Are Invited
From European Update, Winter 2020
Data Center Session on 24 September
The three-day conference kicks off on 24 September with a full-day ASHRAE training course on Data Center Design, Operation and Performance. The course will provide the latest guidance from ASHRAE TC 9.9, the recognized authority in the data center field for the establishment of thermal guidelines—guidelines recognized in the European Commission’s EcoDesign regulations.
The training’s objectives are:
- Understand evolving IT equipment and its impact on data center operating conditions
- Learn how to maintain the integrity of data center environments to assure high availability of IT equipment
- Understand best practices in designing for increased power requirements
- Know best practices for energy efficiency in actual high-density data centers
- Understand the design of air-cooled and liquid-cooled IT equipment
- Learn methods for measuring data center performance
- Evaluate effectiveness of data center cooling
Topics covered in the Data Center course are Load Growth, Data Center & IT Basics, Facilities Air Cooling Architecture, Thermal Guidelines, Liquid Cooling, Measurements, Hardware Basics and Trends, IT Equipment and Data Center Impact, Hardware Testing and Validation, Networking Equipment, Data Center Infrastructure Management, Environmental Envelopes and CFD Modeling.
Technical Program Begins on 25 September
Following a welcome party during the evening of 24 September, a full-day technical program begins with speakers from the global ASHRAE community. The program is built around the theme “Creating and Operating Buildings for People & Performance.” It will include a mix of practitioner experiences, regulatory impacts, and technology trends based on ASHRAE research who will present papers.
Invited papers include:
- How Can Cities Function within the Planet’s Safe Zone?
- The Balance between Visual Comfort and Energy Efficiency
- Building Our New Energy Future
- Case Studies on Airport Design and Operation
- Smart Hospital Concept
- New Commercial Building Case Studies
- Improving Sales Engineer Effectiveness
- ASHRAE’s NZEB Headquarters in Atlanta
The evening will be capped by an evening social event.
Volunteering for ASHRAE and Regional Business Meeting
ASHRAE membership activities begin on 26 September. ASHRAE thrives on volunteer engagement and participation by practitioners and industry and academic professionals, who share their knowledge and gain understanding from other members.
ASHRAE currently has eight chapters in Europe. Volunteers from these chapters will convene in Madrid and learn how to manage their operations to maximize benefit for local members and the industry through outreach and programming.
The volunteer activities culminate with a business meeting at which chapter delegates vote on proposals to improve ASHRAE. All members in the region are invited to participate.
A special session is being planned to solicit input from members in Europe who are not served by a chapter. Their views are as important as those of chapter members.
Join Our Mailing List
We hope you want to receive information as it becomes available to reserve your spot at the ASHRAE European Conference for Region XIV. You can do by visiting https://spain-ashrae.org/chapters-regional-conference-2020-ashrae-region-xiv/
Sponsorships. The elite audience of decision makers who will attend provide a unique opportunity for suppliers to display information in an exhibition environment for networking. A European wide audience will attend.
Questions. For information about sponsorship and other questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Spain Chapter looks forward to seeing European members in Madrid.